Just when you thought it was safe to go back to an Arizona Diamondbacks game, they pull off a four game losing streak. After winning four in a row, they have reverted back to some poor baseball and are riding a four game losing streak heading into San Francisco this evening to play the Giants.
The Dbacks had a horrible trip to Colorado after getting whipped by the Toronto Blue Jays in their series finale last Sunday. Some very staggering stats rear their ugly head and explain most of the Dbacks inability to pitch well and score runs when it counts.
- Dan Haren has given up a league high 16 HR after the four he gave up yesterday
- After a hot April, Kelly Johnson has cooled down considerably in May
- The Dbacks have given up 293 runs, 15 more than the Pittsburgh Pirates, who three weeks ago were going to run away with that title
- Even with scoring 247 runs, fourth-most in MLB, the Dbacks are fifth worst in run differential at -46 runs
- Mark Reynolds and Justin Upton are 1-2 in MLB in stroikouts at 65 and 64 respectively
It a joke for the most part out there on the field for the Dbacks right now. Unfortunately no one in Arizona is laughing. I take that back, lots of non-Dbacks fans in Arizona are laughing.