For the eighth consecutive year, the Arizona Diamondbacks will be hosting FanFest at Chase Field on Saturday February 11th. It is a chance for fans to mingle with players, coaches, and alums of the Dbacks. Most of the current roster will be in attendance. I have been out there and although it does get a little crowded at times, it is well worth being part of the exciting atmosphere as a warm-up to the season.
Free autographs will be provided to children 12 and under. Others can get autographs for a $5 donation to the Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation, which is a wonderful foundation that helps out the community. The first 3,000 fans through the doors receive a Subway Cash Card. Not a bad deal if you ask me.
For me the highlight of the event is a tour of the Dbacks clubhouse. You can never grow tired of going in there and I plan on taking the tour again. There will also be an on-field food court as well as other games. Sports 620 KTAR will be broadcasting live from the event once again.
Some other highlights:
- Fox Sports Arizona Kidcaster auditions
- Sign-ups to audition for the national anthem, be a Rally-back, Gold Glover, or Dbacks Legends Race Participant
- Dbacks Training Center Wiffle Ball Fields
- Family Fun Zone with speed pitch, T-ball, and other interactive inflatables
- Question and answer sessions with players, coaches, and broadcasters
Come out and have fun. Admission to the event itself is free.