David Perlata is currently playing in the Venezuelan Winter League. Credit: Joe Camporeale-USA TODAY Sports
David Peralta must have decided that having an outstanding rookie Major League season was not enough baseball for 2014. The Arizona Diamondbacks’ outfielder is once again playing for the Bravos de Margarita in the Venezuelan Winter League. He is playing first base for Bravos, the same position he played for them a year ago.
More from Diamondbacks News
- What is the Rule 5 Draft? How does it impact Diamondbacks?
- Former Diamondbacks SP Robbie Ray wins AL CY Young!
- Bannister the bench coach, yet another great hire by the Diamondbacks
- The king of Chase Field should be signed by the Diamondbacks
- The Goat has come to the Diamondbacks to save the day
The Venezuelan League began play on October 9th and will conclude its regular season on December 30. So far in 32 at-bats covering nine games, Peralta is batting .219 with two doubles, a triple and two RBI’s. He has drawn seven walks but has also struck out nine times. His team has a record of 4-7 which is good for fifth place in the eight team league.
Playing with Peralta on Bravos is D’back Minor League infielder Gerson Montilla. He spent 2014 with Double A Mobile, hitting .271 with six homers and 40 RBI’s in 336 at-bats. Montilla is hitting .214 with a double and three RBI’s in 28 at-bats this Fall.