Apr 6, 2015; Phoenix, AZ, USA; Arizona Diamondbacks catcher Tuffy Gosewisch against the San Francisco Giants during opening day at Chase Field. Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports
More from Venom Strikes
- Happy Thanksgiving Diamondbacks Fans! We have lots to be thankful for!
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Arizona Diamondbacks fan
- Diamondbacks make some BIG 40-man roster Moves
- About time! Diamondbacks to now provide housing for Minor League players
- What is the Rule 5 Draft? How does it impact Diamondbacks?
One of the positions that had plenty of questions surrounding it during the offseason was the catcher’s spot. Whereas the competition for playing time in the outfield has produced a couple of hot starts to season, both Arizona catchers have gone off to slow starts. Even some of the middle infielders are starting heat up in their respective battles.
It’s no secret that Arizona has explored all their options, even some outside their organization. The current Dbacks are faced with the reality that their performance must have a higher quality and consistency or they’ll soon be finding their way out of the desert. A month into the season, Arizona has at least four clear-cut candidates from the every day job.
Next: Tuffy Gosewisch, The Incumbent Starter