Oct. 9, 2014; Mesa, AZ, USA; Arizona Diamondbacks third baseman Brandon Drury celebrates with teammates after hitting a home run as he plays for the Salt River Rafters against the Mesa Solar Sox during an Arizona Fall League game at Cubs Park. Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports
More from Venom Strikes
- Happy Thanksgiving Diamondbacks Fans! We have lots to be thankful for!
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Arizona Diamondbacks fan
- Diamondbacks make some BIG 40-man roster Moves
- About time! Diamondbacks to now provide housing for Minor League players
- What is the Rule 5 Draft? How does it impact Diamondbacks?
It was a pretty eventful week down on the farm. The Dbacks prospects put on a show in terms of power hitting. Both Mobile and Reno smacked plenty of homers and produced even more runs. Many of these farmhands will soon find their way to Phoenix, but for the time being they’ll be featured in Alabama and Nevada.
The Reno Aces of the Pacific Coast League in the AAA went 4-3 last week while the Mobile BayBears of the Southern League in the AA went 2-4, but were still able to keep their 1st place position. Reno’s Peter O’Brien, who was part of last week’s edition, has moved back to catching and is really fast-tracking his way to the majors.
Next: Mobile, The New Home of the Long Ball