Mar 1, 2015; Scottsdale, AZ, USA; Arizona Diamondbacks starting pitcher Aaron Blair (70) poses for a portrait during Photo Day at Salt River Fields. Mandatory Credit: Joe Camporeale-USA TODAY Sports
Mobile BayBears, AA
The BayBears did something this week that not many teams at any level get to do: 8 games in 7 days. In those eight games, they went 3-5. The biggest news coming out of Mobile is the second career cycle of Zack Borenstein. Borenstein did it this time and added a walk for good measure.
The top full week performance would have to go to Alex Glenn though as he went 10-26 while hitting his fifth triple of the year.
More from Venom Strikes
- Happy Thanksgiving Diamondbacks Fans! We have lots to be thankful for!
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Arizona Diamondbacks fan
- Diamondbacks make some BIG 40-man roster Moves
- About time! Diamondbacks to now provide housing for Minor League players
- What is the Rule 5 Draft? How does it impact Diamondbacks?
Braden Shipley did not fare too well in a no decision during the 8-5 loss to the Mississippi Braves Wednesday. He struggled through five innings giving up five hits, four walks and five runs (three ER).
Aaron Blair on the other hand had a solid week with a 14:1 K:BB ratio over 13.2 IP in his two games. He was unlucky on Tuesday getting the loss in a 2-1 game.