Dbacks Host Bryant, Rizzo, & Red Hot Cubs
Apr 18, 2015; Chicago, IL, USA; Chicago Cubs shortstop Starlin Castro (13) hits a walk off single during the eleventh inning against the San Diego Padres at Wrigley Field. Chicago won 7-6. Mandatory Credit: Dennis Wierzbicki-USA TODAY Sports
Of the very youthful and talented members of the Chicago infield, Castro is the most experienced. He made his debut with the Cubs back in 2010 and came in 5th place in the National League Rookie of the Year voting. Even at the young age of 25, Castro has already appeared in 3 All Star Games. Castro has hit the double digit mark in home runs for the last four years. Castro is a career .284 hitter
In 2015, Castro is hitting .272 with 3 home runs. Castro’s 23 RBI are tied for 2nd on the team. Rizzo and Bryant round out the top 3. Castro had an insignificant series in San Diego, going 3-for-12. In his career against Collmenter, Castro is 2-for-8. The key to quieting the Cubs is to shut down the middle of the order. That’s exactly where Rizzo, Bryant, and Castro live.
More from Venom Strikes
- Happy Thanksgiving Diamondbacks Fans! We have lots to be thankful for!
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Arizona Diamondbacks fan
- Diamondbacks make some BIG 40-man roster Moves
- About time! Diamondbacks to now provide housing for Minor League players
- What is the Rule 5 Draft? How does it impact Diamondbacks?