Mar 1, 2015; Scottsdale, AZ, USA; Arizona Diamondbacks second baseman Danny Worth (76) poses for a portrait during Photo Day at Salt River Fields. Mandatory Credit: Joe Camporeale-USA TODAY Sports
Reno Aces, AAA
The Aces had a solid week, both hitting and pitching, while going 5-2. That included a 2-0 day on Wednesday after the Tuesday game was rained out. This puts them at 24-26 and in second place in the Pacific League Northern Division.
The big three this week weren’t the big story for once. Nick Evans went 6-24 with 7 runs and 4 RBI, Danny Dorn went 6-19 with 3 runs and 1 RBI, and Peter O’Brien went 7-23 with 4 runs and 2 RBI while hitting 1 home run.
More from Venom Strikes
- Happy Thanksgiving Diamondbacks Fans! We have lots to be thankful for!
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Arizona Diamondbacks fan
- Diamondbacks make some BIG 40-man roster Moves
- About time! Diamondbacks to now provide housing for Minor League players
- What is the Rule 5 Draft? How does it impact Diamondbacks?
The big name this week was Jamie Romak who went 14-26 with 4 home runs and 14 RBI.
Jake Barrett was a bit shaky this week, appearing in three games with 2 saves, 1 blown save, and 1 loss. He managed 2 strikeouts, 2 walks, 5 hits, and 4 earned runs.
One thing to note is Robbie Ray’s rate of K’s this season. He’s averaging over 12 K’s per inning with 57 in 41.2 IP.
And, in the best moment of the week, infielder Danny Worth took the mound Saturday pitching one inning with two earned runs. It’s always a pleasure to see those fielders throw some pitches.