Arizona Diamondbacks-San Francisco Giants Preview
Jun 7, 2015; Phoenix, AZ, USA; Arizona Diamondbacks manager Chip Hale (3) looks on prior to facing the New York Mets at Chase Field. Mandatory Credit: Joe Camporeale-USA TODAY Sports
The Arizona Diamondbacks are entering phase two of their eight game trip in California with three games against the San Francisco Giants. A victory in at least one of these contests will be better than how phase one started out: a sweep at the hands of the Los Angles Dodgers. The D’backs are 27-32, tied with the Colorado Rockies for last place in the National League West. The Giants just wrapped up a six game road trip on the East Coast, going 4-2 in Philadelphia and New York. They are now 34-27, 1.5 games behind the Dodgers for first place West.
More from Venom Strikes
- Happy Thanksgiving Diamondbacks Fans! We have lots to be thankful for!
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Arizona Diamondbacks fan
- Diamondbacks make some BIG 40-man roster Moves
- About time! Diamondbacks to now provide housing for Minor League players
- What is the Rule 5 Draft? How does it impact Diamondbacks?
The two teams have met seven times so far in 2015 with the D’backs holding a 4-3 edge. They last played April 16-19th at AT&T Park with the Snakes taking three of four. The Giants are a much different team now, having gone 25-13 in May and June. As the division rivals get ready to square off, here are five players to watch out for over the next three days.