Jun 6, 2015; Phoenix, AZ, USA; Arizona Diamondbacks manager Chip Hale (3) looks on prior to the game against the New York Mets at Chase Field. Mandatory Credit: Joe Camporeale-USA TODAY Sports
When the Arizona Diamondbacks hired Chip Hale as their manager in October of 2014, it caught some people off guard. Many fans figured that with Tony LaRussa in charge as the baseball CEO, a bigger name such as Ron Gardenhire would be the man. If the manager came from within the organization, it would be someone such as Andy Green, who enjoyed success at two levels in the Minor Leagues. We weren’t sure what to make of Hale, who had not managed anywhere in baseball, getting the gig as D’backs’ field boss.
More from Venom Strikes
- Happy Thanksgiving Diamondbacks Fans! We have lots to be thankful for!
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Arizona Diamondbacks fan
- Diamondbacks make some BIG 40-man roster Moves
- About time! Diamondbacks to now provide housing for Minor League players
- What is the Rule 5 Draft? How does it impact Diamondbacks?
Here we are in mid-June and I think it is safe to say that the job the Hale has done so far is successful. This was a team coming off 98 losses in 2014 with lots of turmoil from the previous regime . The team is playing inspired ball and has done a good job battling adversity. This weekend’s sweep of the defending World Champion Giants in San Francisco might have been this team’s finest hour in 2015. Here are three reasons why the D’backs are in good hands with Chip Hale at the managerial controls.