Jun 27, 2015; San Diego, CA, USA; Arizona Diamondbacks first baseman Paul Goldschmidt (44) doubles during the third inning against the San Diego Padres at Petco Park. Mandatory Credit: Jake Roth-USA TODAY Sports
Demoralizing. That’s the best word I can come up with after the last two days of Arizona Diamondbacks baseball. I wrote that Monday night’s win over the Los Angeles Dodgers was the best victory all season and could lead to bigger and better things. Well, scratch that off the list as the D’backs proceeded to remind us that they are still just pretenders at the moment. There is no time to rest as in comes in another division rival, the Colorado Rockies for a four game set at Chase Field.
More from Venom Strikes
- Happy Thanksgiving Diamondbacks Fans! We have lots to be thankful for!
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Arizona Diamondbacks fan
- Diamondbacks make some BIG 40-man roster Moves
- About time! Diamondbacks to now provide housing for Minor League players
- What is the Rule 5 Draft? How does it impact Diamondbacks?
These two teams met at Coors Field last week with Colorado winning two of three games. That marked the first of three straight series defeats for the Snakes. Even with the two losses last week, the D’backs still hold a 5-3 series lead over the Rockies. At 37-41, it will take a sweep to get back to .500, something that shouldn’t be counted on. The Rockies sit in last places in the National League West with a record of 34-44. Here are five players to keep an eye on during this holiday weekend series.