Jun 25, 2015; Arlington, TX, USA; Texas Rangers mascot Rangers Captain cheers on the fans prior to the ninth inning against the Oakland Athletics at Globe Life Park in Arlington. The Athletics beat the Rangers 6-3. Mandatory Credit: Matthew Emmons-USA TODAY Sports
They teased us once again. The Arizona Diamondbacks took the first three games of their four game set with the Colroado Rockies, bringing them once again to the brink of .500. As with the first 11 attempts at the mark, the D’backs fell short dropping the finale by a score of 6-4. They now wrap up the first half of the 2015 season with five games in two cities and two off days.
More from Venom Strikes
- Happy Thanksgiving Diamondbacks Fans! We have lots to be thankful for!
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Arizona Diamondbacks fan
- Diamondbacks make some BIG 40-man roster Moves
- About time! Diamondbacks to now provide housing for Minor League players
- What is the Rule 5 Draft? How does it impact Diamondbacks?
Up first are two games against the Texas Rangers at Globe Life Park. The Rangers started off horribly, going 7-14 in April. they had an excellent May with a mark of 19-11, punctuated by a seven-game winning streak. However, they are only 15-17 since the end of that month and have been outscored 37-12 during the first five games in July. At 41-42, Texas is exactly one-half game better than the D’backs who are 40-42. Here are the five players to watch over the next 48 hours.