Jun 27, 2015; San Diego, CA, USA; Arizona Diamondbacks first baseman Paul Goldschmidt (44) doubles during the third inning against the San Diego Padres at Petco Park. Mandatory Credit: Jake Roth-USA TODAY Sports
The Arizona Diamondbacks will be placing two players at next week’s All-Star Game. Paul Goldschmidt won the fan vote at first base while center fielder A.J. Pollock was chosen by Bruce Bochy to be a reserve. There are no D’backs among the five candidates who are vying for the last spot on the National League roster. It was nice to have Jayson Stark of ESPN tweet that it was tough to leave Brad Ziegler off the pitching staff of the NL:
More from Venom Strikes
- Happy Thanksgiving Diamondbacks Fans! We have lots to be thankful for!
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Arizona Diamondbacks fan
- Diamondbacks make some BIG 40-man roster Moves
- About time! Diamondbacks to now provide housing for Minor League players
- What is the Rule 5 Draft? How does it impact Diamondbacks?
So who would Arizona fans vote for to be the final representative at the Mid-Summer Classic? Let’s meet the five players and briefly point out why D’back fans may or may not vote for him. This is not based on stats; rather I am attempting to get the “pulse” of the average fan.