Who will replace Chase Anderson in the Rotation?
Mar 1, 2015; Scottsdale, AZ, USA; Arizona Diamondbacks starting pitcher Aaron Blair (70) poses for a portrait during Photo Day at Salt River Fields. Mandatory Credit: Joe Camporeale-USA TODAY Sports
The intrigue is there for the 23-year old from Las Vegas. Blair will returning to the Reno Aces after representing the United States at the Pan American Games in Toronto. After showing great form in Mobile (AA) this season, Blair was promoted to Reno, where he’s received four starts. The towering 6’5 Blair is not a member of the Dbacks 40-man roster and would require the snakes to DFA someone to make room for him.
In Mobile, Blair was 6-3 with a 2.70 ERA. In Reno, Blair is 2-1 with a 5.16 ERA in four appearances. Two rough appearances for the Aces disguises Blair’s two efficient appearances with the Aces. With the Dbacks shopping Addison Reed and Oliver Perez, among others, Blair’s spot in the majors could soon open up.
More from Venom Strikes
- Happy Thanksgiving Diamondbacks Fans! We have lots to be thankful for!
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Arizona Diamondbacks fan
- Diamondbacks make some BIG 40-man roster Moves
- About time! Diamondbacks to now provide housing for Minor League players
- What is the Rule 5 Draft? How does it impact Diamondbacks?