May 22, 2015; Phoenix, AZ, USA; Former Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Randy Johnson looks on during the game against the Chicago Cubs at Chase Field. Mandatory Credit: Matt Kartozian-USA TODAY Sports
Randy Johnson makes history this weekend. The pitching legend becomes the first member of the Baseball Hall of Fame to have played a significant portion of his career with the Arizona Diamondbacks. His accomplishments during his playing days may not be equaled any time soon, if at all. He remains the last pitcher to have won 300 games. The strikeout total of 4,875, second most in baseball history will not be surpassed. In short, Randy Johnson was one of the most dominant pitchers in baseball history.
More from Venom Strikes
- Happy Thanksgiving Diamondbacks Fans! We have lots to be thankful for!
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Arizona Diamondbacks fan
- Diamondbacks make some BIG 40-man roster Moves
- About time! Diamondbacks to now provide housing for Minor League players
- What is the Rule 5 Draft? How does it impact Diamondbacks?
As a tribute to this special moment, we have decided to recognize the five best moments the Big Unit had while with the D’backs. This is only an opinion and perhaps you will disagree with the placement of these selections. One thing we can all agree on is that Johnson had some of the most memorable moments in the game while wearing the purple and teal. On to the list!
Next: December 10, 1998