Diamondbacks at Mariners: 5 Players to Watch
Jul 23, 2015; Detroit, MI, USA; Seattle Mariners manager
(21) runs off the field during the eighth inning against the Detroit Tigers at Comerica Park. Mandatory Credit: Rick Osentoski-USA TODAY Sports
The Arizona Diamondbacks wrapped up a disappointing ten game homestand on a positive note. They took three out of four games from the Milwaukee Brewers after dropping five of six to the San Francisco Giants and Miami Marlins. They sit at 46-51, 8 1/2 games out of first place in the National League West and 7 1/2 games out of a Wild Card spot. The trade winds surrounding the team aren’t as strong as they were at this time last year but they have been shaking some leaves when it comes to Brad Ziegler and Cliff Pennington.
More from Venom Strikes
- Happy Thanksgiving Diamondbacks Fans! We have lots to be thankful for!
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Arizona Diamondbacks fan
- Diamondbacks make some BIG 40-man roster Moves
- About time! Diamondbacks to now provide housing for Minor League players
- What is the Rule 5 Draft? How does it impact Diamondbacks?
After ten games at home, it is time for ten games on the road as the D’backs will be visiting three different cities. Up first are the Seattle Mariners, a team the Snakes have not seen since 2012. The M’s sit at 46-53, 9 1/2 out of first place in the American League West and 6 1/2 games out of a Wild Card spot. After last season’s surprising 87-75 finish and with one significant addition, it was thought the Mariners would compete for the division title. Instead, they have been one of the most underachieving teams in baseball. As the two sub-.500 clubs get set to play three games in the Emerald City, here are the five players to watch.
Next: Mark Trumbo