The Arizona Diamondbacks got some good news on the injury front today. Diamondbacks General Manager Dave Stewart announced that catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia will return to the team today from the 15 day D.L.
In a subsequent move, the Diamondbacks also announced that they have optioned minor league RHP Dominic Leone to Double A-Mobile.
Saltalamacchia hasn’t played in a game since July 11th against the Mets at Citi Field. He was singed as a minor-league free agent on May 7th, and was sent up to the Dbacks on May 29th. He was batting .318 in 8 games prior to his injury.
More from Venom Strikes
- Happy Thanksgiving Diamondbacks Fans! We have lots to be thankful for!
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Arizona Diamondbacks fan
- Diamondbacks make some BIG 40-man roster Moves
- About time! Diamondbacks to now provide housing for Minor League players
- What is the Rule 5 Draft? How does it impact Diamondbacks?
Leone was acquired by the Diamondbacks in a trade with the Mariners when Wellington Castillo, infielder Jake Reinhiemer, and outfielder Gabby Guerrero were sent to Arizona for outfielder Mark Trumbo and left-hander Vidal Nuno.
The Diamondbacks will more than likely carry 3 catchers: Salty, Castillo, and rookie Oscar Hernandez and go with 1 less pitcher in the bullpen. That doesn’t always happen, and it will mean that Chip Hale will have to watch the innings and pitch counts of his relievers.