Diamondbacks at Nationals: 5 Players to Watch
Jul 28, 2015; Miami, FL, USA; Washington Nationals manager Matt Williams (9) walks back to the dugout after making a pitching change during the seventh inning against the Miami Marlins at Marlins Park. Mandatory Credit: Steve Mitchell-USA TODAY Sports
The conclusion of a ten game road trip takes the Arizona Diamondbacks to the Nation’s Capital for a four game set with the Washington Nationals. The D’backs were victorious in their first four outings of this venture, sweeping the Seattle Mariners and taking the first contest against the Houston Astros. Arizona lost both weekend games at Minute Maid Park to drop their record to 50-53. Even though Washington is in a bit of a slide, I don’t think the D’backs can sweep this series to go above the .500 mark for the first time since early in the season.
More from Venom Strikes
- Happy Thanksgiving Diamondbacks Fans! We have lots to be thankful for!
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Arizona Diamondbacks fan
- Diamondbacks make some BIG 40-man roster Moves
- About time! Diamondbacks to now provide housing for Minor League players
- What is the Rule 5 Draft? How does it impact Diamondbacks?
The Nationals have one thing in common with the Snakes. They too, were swept in a weekend set by the New York Mets at Citi Field. The Nats, at 54-49 are now tied for first place in the National League East with New York and are 3-7 over their last ten games. Here are the five players to watch during this first full week of August.
Next: Bryce Harper