The Diamondbacks took a stumble losing 2 of 3 to the Astros in Houston on the 2nd leg of the 10 game roadtrip after sweeping Seattle to start the journey.
Today the Diamondbacks go for a series win against the slumping Nationals after guaranteeing a winning roadtrip after yesterday’s 11-4 win.
These 2 teams are going in different directions. The Dbacks are trying to win their 3rd series in their last 4, and the Nats are out of first place, and are currently out of the wild card race.
As today’s game gets underway, let’s take a look at the series finale.
When: 1:05 P.M. MST
Where: Nats Park, Washington D.C.
TV/Radio: No TV/ESPN PHX 620 A.M.
Pitching Matchup: RHP Jeremy Hellickson vs. RHP Joe Ross
- With a win last night, the Dbacks secured their first winning road trip of at least 10 games since July 30th-Aug 9th.
- Godly needs 1 more stolen base to get to 20 HR and 20 stolen bases. He would be the 6th Dback to do that.
- Beef Wellington Castillo has hit 11 home runs since being acquired from the Mariners on June 3rd. That is the 5th most HR’s in the majors in that span.
- Castillo’s 6 home runs on the roadtrip is tied for the 2nd most ever on a Dbacks road swing. Mark Renyolds had 8 through July 31-Aug 9th 2009.
- Both Goldy and Pollock are sitting. The Dbacks have 5 lefties in the lineup against Ross. Lefties have an 877 OPS against him in his rookie season.
Here are the lineups for today’s game: