Arizona Diamondbacks: 5 Players to Watch 8/17-8/23
Aug 11, 2015; Phoenix, AZ, USA; Arizona Diamondbacks manager Chip Hale (3) walks to the dugout against the Philadelphia Phillies at Chase Field. The Diamondbacks won 13-1. Mandatory Credit: Joe Camporeale-USA TODAY Sports
The Arizona Diamondbacks are in the midst of a stretch that has them playing games every single day until September 3rd. This will no doubt be manager Chip Hale‘s toughest challenge in his maiden voyage as the team’s skipper. Having to balance his young squad between overexertion and winning games would be a quite a task for even the most experienced manager, let alone a guy who is in the position for the first time in his career.
More from Venom Strikes
- Happy Thanksgiving Diamondbacks Fans! We have lots to be thankful for!
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Arizona Diamondbacks fan
- Diamondbacks make some BIG 40-man roster Moves
- About time! Diamondbacks to now provide housing for Minor League players
- What is the Rule 5 Draft? How does it impact Diamondbacks?
The D’backs’ current ten games in ten days road trip has them making stops in Pittsburgh and Cincinnati. Arizona was swept by the Buccos at Chase Field from April 24th-26th, scoring a grand total of two runs. Meanwhile, the Snakes saw the Reds last weekend in Phoenix, taking two of three to wrap up a 4-3 home stand. Here are the five D’backs’ players to watch this week as the team tries to go above .500 for the first time in four months.
Next: David Peralta