Dec 11, 2014; San Diego, CA, USA; Arizona Diamonbacks general manager Dave Stewart check out of the Manchester Grand Hyatt following the MLB Winter Meetings. Mandatory Credit: Jake Roth-USA TODAY Sports
The last two nights have been grueling for the bullpen of the Arizona Diamondbacks. On Monday, the group went 3 2/3 innings and last night they nearly tripled that total, pitching a total of 10 1/2 frames. Robbie Ray desperately has to go deep into tonight’s game but over his last six starts the lefty has touched seven innings only once. This could be another long night for the relief corps and with no off days until the first week of September, it is going to be time to bring some fresh arms to the D-backs.
More from Venom Strikes
- Happy Thanksgiving Diamondbacks Fans! We have lots to be thankful for!
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Arizona Diamondbacks fan
- Diamondbacks make some BIG 40-man roster Moves
- About time! Diamondbacks to now provide housing for Minor League players
- What is the Rule 5 Draft? How does it impact Diamondbacks?
Mercifully, the rosters will be expanding on September 1st but given the state of the pitching staff, the Snakes may not be able to wait that long for an extra arm. Fortunately, there are some candidates at Triple A Reno that can provide depth from now until the end of the season. Out of the following four gentlemen, perhaps one of them sees the Majors again within the next ten days while the rest can be called up soon afterwards.
Next: Enrique Burgos