Aug 6, 2014; Cincinnati, OH, USA; Cincinnati Reds mascot Mr Red Legs prior to the game against the Cleveland Indians at Great American Ball Park. Mandatory Credit: Frank Victores-USA TODAY Sports
The Arizona Diamondbacks conclude their three city, ten game road trip with four games in Cincinnati vs. the Reds. Through the first six contests, the D-backs are 2-4 with their pitching staff fighting injury (Jeremy Hellickson) and demotion (Chase Anderson). Anderson was in fact just recalled as of this writing. At 58-61, the Snakes are tied for third in the National League West with the San Diego Padres.
More from Venom Strikes
- Happy Thanksgiving Diamondbacks Fans! We have lots to be thankful for!
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Arizona Diamondbacks fan
- Diamondbacks make some BIG 40-man roster Moves
- About time! Diamondbacks to now provide housing for Minor League players
- What is the Rule 5 Draft? How does it impact Diamondbacks?
The Reds have become linked to the D-backs quite a bit over the last three weeks. Not only did the teams meet at Chase Field two weeks ago (the Snakes took two of three games) but there was a strong rumor of the two clubs nearly coming together on a deal that would have sent Cincy closer Aroldis Chapman to Arizona. Cincinnati is 51-67 and in fourth place in the rugged National League Central. Here are the five players to watch as the Snakes attempt to finish this road trip at their favorite number: .500.
Next: Joey Votto