The Arizona Diamondbacks will have a chance to sweep the Cincinnati Reds on Sunday, and go over .500 for the first time since April 22.
What: Arizona Diamondbacks @ Cincinnati Reds
When: 10:10 a.m. MST
Where: Great American Ballpark
TV/Radio: FSAZ/MLB.TV/ESPN Phoenix (620 AM)
For more on today’s pitching matchup, click here.
News and Notes:
- Andrew Chafin has now had 19 straight scoreless appearances (20.2 innings)
- The record for a Diamondbacks rookie is 24 innings by Josh Collmenter
- After starting August off batting .208, Paul Goldschmidt went 4-for-5 and knocked in two home runs Saturday night.
- Chase Anderson was originally optioned down to Triple-A Reno after his last start, but will be starting again after Jeremy Hellickson went on the disabled list for a hamstring issue.
- The Diamondbacks are now 15-1 in their last 16 games when they hit a home run. They had two in the first inning.
- Keith Hessler continues to struggle out of the bullpen as he gave up another two runs. His ERA is now 15.19.
- A.J. Pollock continues to stay red hot. His average has now risen to .324 after a 3-for-5 night at the plate.
- Zack Godley is still undefeated to start his major league career, as he picked up his fourth win in relief of Randall Delgado. Godley is now 4-0 with a 1.90 ERA.
- With their 32nd road win of the season, the Diamondbacks have now surpassed their road win total from last season.
- With 40 games to go, the Diamondbacks are now just six games out of the lead for the NL West.
- Arizona is 17-10 in their last 20 games.
More from Venom Strikes
- Happy Thanksgiving Diamondbacks Fans! We have lots to be thankful for!
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Arizona Diamondbacks fan
- Diamondbacks make some BIG 40-man roster Moves
- About time! Diamondbacks to now provide housing for Minor League players
- What is the Rule 5 Draft? How does it impact Diamondbacks?