Sept 1, 2013; Phoenix, AZ, USA; Arizona Diamondbacks mascot D. Baxter throws shirts to fans during the game against the San Francisco Giants at Chase Field. Mandatory Credit: Matt Kartozian-USA TODAY Sports
Things have gotten mighty interesting for the Arizona Diamondbacks. For the first time since April 22nd, their 62-61 record puts them over the .500 mark. Coming off the high of sweeping a four games series in Cincinnati vs. the Reds, the D-backs now sit only five games behind the reeling, first place Los Angeles Dodgers in the National League West. I am not sure that many of us in our wildest dreams could picture this scenario when the 2015 season began.
More from Venom Strikes
- Happy Thanksgiving Diamondbacks Fans! We have lots to be thankful for!
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Arizona Diamondbacks fan
- Diamondbacks make some BIG 40-man roster Moves
- About time! Diamondbacks to now provide housing for Minor League players
- What is the Rule 5 Draft? How does it impact Diamondbacks?
Fresh off a 6-4 road trip through three cities, Arizona returns to Chase Field for seven games. The beginning of the week has the Snakes playing four contests against the team with the best record in baseball, the St. Louis Cardinals. They close it out with three games with the Oakland A’s who sit in the basement of the American League West. Here are five D-backs to watch this week as they attempt to gain even more ground on the division lead.