The Arizona Diamondbacks are looking to avoid a four-game sweep at the hands of the St. Louis Cardinals, when Rubby De La Rosa takes the mound aiming for his 12th win.
What: Cardinals @ Diamondbacks
When: 6:40 p.m. MST
Where: Chase Field (Roof Closed)
TV/Radio: FSAZ/MLB.TV/ESPN Phoenix (620 AM)
News and Notes:
- Rubby De La Rosa is 5-0 in his last seven starts with a 2.54 ERA.
- The Arizona Diamondbacks are 6-1 in De La Rosa’s last seven starts.
- More impressively, De La Rosa is 7-2 in his last 13 starts with a 2.95 ERA.
- A.J. Pollock is batting .500 in his last six games.
- Paul Goldschmidt‘s 471-foot home run yesterday was the longest of his career to date.
- The Diamondbacks are only one of two teams in the MLB to have three batters in the top-25 in average.
- The other team is their division rival, the San Francisco Giants.
- Paul Goldschmidt and A.J. Pollock could be the seventh pair of teammates to finish in the top-5 in average since 1998.
- Aaron Hill is finally heating up and is batting .320 in his lat 16 games.
- Josh Collmenter‘s 35.0 relief innings are the fourth-most in the National League since June 18.
- Collmenter boasts an impressive 1.54 ERA since then.
More from Venom Strikes
- Happy Thanksgiving Diamondbacks Fans! We have lots to be thankful for!
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Arizona Diamondbacks fan
- Diamondbacks make some BIG 40-man roster Moves
- About time! Diamondbacks to now provide housing for Minor League players
- What is the Rule 5 Draft? How does it impact Diamondbacks?