Apr 28, 2015; Phoenix, AZ, USA; Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Archie Bradley throws in the first inning against the Colorado Rockies at Chase Field. Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports
More from Diamondbacks News
- What is the Rule 5 Draft? How does it impact Diamondbacks?
- Former Diamondbacks SP Robbie Ray wins AL CY Young!
- Bannister the bench coach, yet another great hire by the Diamondbacks
- The king of Chase Field should be signed by the Diamondbacks
- The Goat has come to the Diamondbacks to save the day
The dog days of August are soon to make way for the stretch run of September. After the Arizona Diamondbacks swept the Cincinnati Reds in a four game series, there was renewed hope for October. After being swept in a four game series by St. Louis and then dropping a series against the lowly Oakland Athletics, expectations have been brought down a notch.
For a team that isn’t headed to the playoffs, September’s roster expansion gives an organization the opporntunity to evaluate how good their young talent really is. It’s also a time for ‘journeymen’ who are in their late 20’s to make a last ditch impression before their minor league contracts run out. Just because we’re not headed towards October means you shouldn’t be watching, here’s a look at who could finally be in the desert this month.