Aug 28, 2015; Los Angeles, CA, USA; Chicago Cubs manager Joe Maddon (70) before the game against the Los Angeles Dodgers at Dodger Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Richard Mackson-USA TODAY Sports
The Arizona Diamondbacks enter the weekend with a record of 65-69. They won a total of 64 games in 2014, meaning this season is already a success when you put last year in perspective. For the front office, however, success won’t be a ten or twelve game improvement but rather a trip to the playoffs. They also would like a better showing against a powerful, National League Central opponent.
More from Venom Strikes
- Happy Thanksgiving Diamondbacks Fans! We have lots to be thankful for!
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Arizona Diamondbacks fan
- Diamondbacks make some BIG 40-man roster Moves
- About time! Diamondbacks to now provide housing for Minor League players
- What is the Rule 5 Draft? How does it impact Diamondbacks?
The D-backs are 3-12 against the three headed monster of the Cardinals, Pirates and Cubs. Two of those wins came against the Cubs on May 22nd-May 24th at Chase Field. Chicago is 75-57 and in firm control of the second Wild Card spot in the National League. With three games at Wrigley Field this weekend, both the Snakes and the Cubbies would like to break their recent losing ways. Arizona has dropped seven of their last ten contests while Chicago has lost six of their last ten. Here are five players to watch.
Next: Kris Bryant