The Arizona Diamondbacks take on the playoff bound Cubs looking to get back and surpass Mt. .500 before the regular season ends.
This season has already been a success for the Diamondbacks after the team won just 64 wins in 2014, but they would like to finish at the very least at 81-81.
When: 11:20 A.M. MST
Where: Wrigley Field
TV/Radio: FSAZ/MLB.TV/Arizona Sports 98.7 F.M.
- Godley is the story in this series and he gets the start for the D-backs in Game 1 against the team that he was apart of.
- Miguel Montero was a fan favorite in Arizona for seven years and was traded in the Godley deal. Montero is hitting .235 with 14 HR and 44 RBI’s in 93 games.
- When the Cubs signed Jon Lester in the offseason they expected a lot more than what he has done this season. Lester is just 8-10 with a 3.59 ERA on the season and in August he has been shaky with a 5.04 ERA in five starts.
- The D-backs are 3-13 against the Cardinals, Pirates, and Cubs this season, but they are 2-1 against the Cubbies this season.
- Paul Goldschmidt will miss today’s game after his first child was successfully born into the world.
- Philip Gosselin will get another start after impressing in the series against Colorado at third today.
- Yasmany Tomas will get his first start at first base. He has just two innings at that position this season. It should be interesting to see how that goes.
- Chris Owings is hitting .340 in his last 15 games.
- The D-backs are 4-2 in their last 6 at Wrigley Field