Aug 27, 2015; Phoenix, AZ, USA; Arizona Diamondbacks manager Chip Hale against the St. Louis Cardinals at Chase Field. Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports
The Arizona Diamondbacks are playing like a team running on fumes. Since their euphoric four game sweep of the Cincinnati Reds, the D-backs have lost 11 of their last 14 games and are now seven games under .500, the farthest they have been in over a month. After a 2-5 road trip, Arizona heads back to Phoenix for their next-to-last home series of the season.
More from Venom Strikes
- Happy Thanksgiving Diamondbacks Fans! We have lots to be thankful for!
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Arizona Diamondbacks fan
- Diamondbacks make some BIG 40-man roster Moves
- About time! Diamondbacks to now provide housing for Minor League players
- What is the Rule 5 Draft? How does it impact Diamondbacks?
Into town come the Snakes’ two biggest division rivals, the San Francisco Giants and the Los Angeles Dodgers. The defending World Series Champion Giants’ playoff chances are much like the D-backs’ season: on life support. They are 7 1/2 games off the division lead and eight games out of the second Wild Card. Meanwhile, the Dodgers are on their way to wrapping up their third consecutive National League West title. Let’s take a look at the D-backs’ five players to watch in what should be a fun week of baseball.
Next: Paul Goldschmidt