Sep 24, 2015; Los Angeles, CA, USA; Arizona Diamondbacks manager Chip Hale reacts during the game against the Los Angeles Dodgers at Dodger Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports
Sadness. That is how I feel as I write this final 5 Player installment for the 2015 season. Sadness because the regular season is ending and sadness because the Arizona Diamondbacks just concluded one of their best stretches of the year. They went 6-4 on a ten game road trip against their California rivals, splitting with the Dodgers and winning series vs. the Giants and Padres. At 75-81, the Snakes have to win their last six games in order to finish at .500 for the third time in four years.
More from Venom Strikes
- Happy Thanksgiving Diamondbacks Fans! We have lots to be thankful for!
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Arizona Diamondbacks fan
- Diamondbacks make some BIG 40-man roster Moves
- About time! Diamondbacks to now provide housing for Minor League players
- What is the Rule 5 Draft? How does it impact Diamondbacks?
Arizona plays their final six contests at Chase Field with three games against the Rockies beginning on Tuesday and three against the Astros starting on Friday. The D-backs will have a chance to make a dent in Houston’s playoff hopes if the Astros need the games on the weekend. One could easily picture Houston clinching in one of those games and then using the pool to celebrate. Here are five players to watch as the regular season (sniff) draws to a close.
Next: Paul Goldschmidt