With the World Series upon us, the end of the baseball season is near. If you are not a fan of the Kansas City Royals or the New York Mets, you are already thinking about how your team can be in this position at this time next year. For the Arizona Diamondbacks, the hunt is on for quality starting pitching, the one missing piece (or pieces) that can elevate them from sub-.500 to National League West champions and beyond. Free agency will begin shortly after the Series concludes followed by the Winter Meetings from December 7th through the 10th. Expect the D-backs to be linked to several names.
More from Venom Strikes
- Happy Thanksgiving Diamondbacks Fans! We have lots to be thankful for!
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Arizona Diamondbacks fan
- Diamondbacks make some BIG 40-man roster Moves
- About time! Diamondbacks to now provide housing for Minor League players
- What is the Rule 5 Draft? How does it impact Diamondbacks?
With that in mind, here are three pitchers that Snakes can target as they try to put together a championship rotation. Each are in different categories with one a prime catch, the second a guy the team already has on their radar and a third that maybe escapes the scrutiny of most fans. Of course, the D-backs could go in another direction and pick none of the three listed. Your guess is as good as ours.
Next: David Price