Players to Watch
Carlos Gonzalez: April has never been kind to the Rockies’ right-fielder. Gonzalez owns a .271 career average in the season’s first month but his production starts typically picks up in May. Combine that and a career .308 average against Diamondbacks’ pitching with 24 home runs and Gonzalez is due to heat up.
Trevor Story: Story does not just own Greinke. The shortstop loves facing Arizona pitching. In just 16 career games, he has gone deep eight times.
Ian Desmond: The first baseman already has seven hits to go along with two home runs and seven runs scored in his first four games as a Rockie. In 36 career games against Arizona, Desmond is hitting .270 with four long balls and 17 RBIs.
Paul Goldschmidt: Expect America’s First Baseman to resurrect his road bat in Denver.
Chris Owings: Owings swung a hot bat against the Nationals. The infielder/outfielder collected four hits in 13 at-bats (.308) with one home run and 2 RBIs.
"Arizona Diamondbacks: Braden Shipley adds velocity to his fastball in 2017"
Of course, the biggest question on everyone’s mind is how many times will Steve Berthiaume mention Rockies mascot Dinger. Guess away in the comments section and enjoy the series!
More from Venom Strikes
- Happy Thanksgiving Diamondbacks Fans! We have lots to be thankful for!
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Arizona Diamondbacks fan
- Diamondbacks make some BIG 40-man roster Moves
- About time! Diamondbacks to now provide housing for Minor League players
- What is the Rule 5 Draft? How does it impact Diamondbacks?