Spring Training is less than a month away and boy am I excited! Today the Diamondbacks announced reporting dates and non-roster invites for Spring Training at Salt River Fields. The Diamondbacks will begin their fourth straight spring training at the beautiful facility when pitchers and catchers report on February 6th with their first workout the next day. The position players will report on February 11th with the first full team workout the day after.
Once again the workouts will be open to the public. The Diamondbacks have several key questions going into Spring Training and we will get to that over the coming months but today the Snakes also announced the non-roster invites to spring training. A lot of young players will try to show their worth. Thanks to the Australia trip, the games for the D’backs begin earlier this Spring with the first game coming on Feb 26th at 1:10pm against the Dodgers at Salt River Fields. The Diamondbacks continue to lead the MLB in spring attendance and hope to do that again this year. In my opinion, Salt River Fields and the new Cubs Park are the best parks in the Cactus League.
Here are the 27 non-roster invitations, 13 pitchers and 14 position players who will be looking to impress the D’backs’ coaching staff, courtesy of azsnakepit.com:
- Right-handed pitchers (11): Jake Barrett, Mike Bolsinger, Archie Bradley, R.J. Hively, Daniel Hudson, Willy Paredes, Adam Russell, A.J. Schugel, Seth Simmons,Matt Stites and Jess Todd.
- Left-handed pitchers (2): Andrew Chafin; Ryan Rowland-Smith.
- Catchers (4): Henry Blanco, Blake Lalli, Bobby Wilson and Steven Rodriguez.
- Infielders (7): Nick Ahmed, Nick Evans, Mike Freeman, Mike Jacobs, Sean Jamieson, Jake Lamb and Andy Marte.
- Outfielders (3): Danny Dorn, Justin Greene and Evan Marzilli.
Spring Training is almost here, D’backs fans! Get excited!