Jun 25, 2014; Omaha, NE, USA; Vanderbilt Commodores infielder Dansby Swanson (7) fields a ground ball in the first inning against the Virginia Cavaliers during game three of the College World Series Finals at TD Ameritrade Park Omaha. Mandatory Credit: Steven Branscombe-USA TODAY Sports
The Arizona Diamondbacks have announced that they have reached agreements with 25 of the 40 players they took during last week’s 2015 Major League Draft. The news was reported by mlb.com’s Steve Gilbert. The highest pick the D’backs were able to sign was Taylor Clarke, a right-handed pitcher from the College of Charleston selected in the third round.
More from Diamondbacks Draft
- MLB Draft 2018: Diamondbacks Select Pair of Outfielders
- MLB Draft 2018: Arizona Diamondbacks Select Matt McLain With 25th Pick
- Diamondbacks’ draft patterns include college-heavy picks
- Arizona Diamondbacks: Catcher in opening round possible
- 5 things you need to know about the D-Backs’ top draft picks
Also signed were Breckin Williams and Ryan Burr, both right-handed pitchers who were taken in the fourth and fifth round, respectively. For the complete list of signees, please read Gilbert’s piece which can be accessed by clicking here.
As for the top two picks, shortstop Dansby Swanson (#1) and right-handed pitcher Alex Young (#43) are still competing in the College World Series for Vanderbilt and TCU. Contract negotiations should begin once their seasons have concluded.