13 Things You Need to Know Before You go to Salt River Field
Now that the baseball season has been announced, that means the players need an amp up. That is where Spring Training comes into play. Several stadiums will be rocking with excitement in both Florida and Arizona as the Cactus and Grapefruit leagues get underway. We know everyone reading this is a true Diamondback fan and looking at your calendar to see which games you want to see at Salt River Field, so before you plan to much, here are some details you will need to know before you head to Scottsdale.
1) The actual address of Salt River Fields at Talking Stick is 7555 N. Pima Road in Phoenix. Situated on a 140-acre site SRF at Talking Stick has a capacity of 11,000 seat pricing range from $19.00 to $52.00 plus any applicable fees.
2) The easiest and recommended way to purchase tickets is through the MLB Ballpark App. You will need to download it to your phone and create a log in. The account is free, easy to create and can be downloaded from either the Apple App Store or Google Play.
3) There are 4 different upgraded seating options for groups of 25 or more; They have luxury suites for 15 guests where they will be in air conditioning with a private server and food. They also have Leinenkugles and American Airlines sundecks where you will be in the shade seated in padded seats on the second level and served a pre-game meal with a minimum of 30 guests. Lastly, they have the Pepsi Patio. I have watched a game from this third deck experience and I can guarantee you if you love baseball, you will love this area that can hold up to 100 people with wicker lounge chairs and flat screen televisions.
4) Children two and under who are sitting on the lap of an adult do not need a game ticket. Following every Sunday game kids have the opportunity to run the bases at no cost. To participate, kids can line up between sections 204 & 205 following the game.
5) Each fan may carry one bag that is clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC no larger than 12″ by x 6″ x 12″ or a one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar). Additionally, fans may also carry a small clutch purse no larger than 4.5″ x 6.5″, with or without a handle or strap, that is subject to search. For guests with medical or childcare related needs such as diapers, wipes, formula, bottles or breast pumps, through items must be brought in a medical or diaper bag and guests should bring their bag to staff during the screening process.
6) Banners and signs are permitted, provided they are baseball related and in good taste, as determined by Salt River Fields management. They may not be hung or displayed on any part of the playing field or in any way that obstructs another guest’s view of the game, emergency exit signage or ballpark advertising. Signs must not be commercial in nature nor utilize wood or metal material or other types of objects for support. Salt River Fields management reserves the right to remove any banner, sign, flag holder or anyone not complying may be subject to ejection.
7) Handheld video cameras for personal use may be brought into the ballpark, provided game action is not recorded, as prohibited by Major League Baseball. Single frame photography is permitted\ at all times. Non-professional, non-flash, still photography is permitted at most events (disposable, digital, or 35mm cameras with no interchangeable lens longer than 2.8 inches to 8 inches or telephoto lens). Lighting at Salt River Fields is bright enough that flash photography is not necessary or allowed within the ballpark. Camera support pods are not permitted by guests in Salt River Fields. Please make sure you are courteous of those around you when taking pictures.
8) Salt River Fields and Spectra Food Services want all fans to enjoy the ballgame and have a safe trip home; therefore, we encourage you to use our Designated Driver Program. Prior to the fourth inning of the ballgame, Guests who are able to produce a valid driver’s license and are at least 21 years of age are eligible to become “Designated Drivers” for the evening. In return for signing a pledge not to drink alcoholic beverages during the game and for accepting responsibility for driving other members of their group home, Designated Drivers will receive a free fountain soft drink during the game. Spectra Designated Driver signup locations will be available at the information kiosks located on the main concourse near section 210.
9) Each entry gate at Salt River Fields will utilize designated “Express Lanes.” Express Lanes are designated for guests not carrying any purse, fanny pack, package, container, backpack or any type of bag.
10) All parking is general admission in all parking lots. Centerfield Parking Lot , Mountain Parking Lot ,Desert Parking Lot and Home Plate Parking Lot all $7. South Soccer – $10 Granite Parking Lot – $5. Parking is available to be purchased during the ticket purchasing process. Cash will NOT BE accepted at parking lots. Tailgating will not be allowed in all parking lots. Tickets purchased from anywhere other than Ticket Master or Salt River Fields.com will need to pay for parking upon arrival.
Masks are recommended for all guests while in parking lots. Shuttle services will be provided to all guests and will be cleaned and disinfected after every ride.
11) Hand-held radios and small televisions are welcome at Salt River Fields as long as they do not interfere with other guests’ enjoyment of the game. Please be considerate by using a low volume or earphones. Salt River Fields staff reserves the right to ask any guest to discontinue the use of such devices.
12) Smoking is prohibited in Salt River Fields, including the use of all electric cigarettes and vaporizers of any sort. All seating areas are classified as non-smoking. Salt River Fields will NOT have any designated smoking areas inside or outside of the stadium.
13) Practice fields are now open to the public from 9:00am to 2:00pm. To enjoy the practice fields best, park in the Centerfield Parking lot.