Arizona Diamondbacks outfield prospect Matt Railey has been suspended fifty games by Major League Baseball for testing positive for the stimulant Amphetamine according to a tweet by azcentral sports Nick Piecoro.
More from Venom Strikes
- Happy Thanksgiving Diamondbacks Fans! We have lots to be thankful for!
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Arizona Diamondbacks fan
- Diamondbacks make some BIG 40-man roster Moves
- About time! Diamondbacks to now provide housing for Minor League players
- What is the Rule 5 Draft? How does it impact Diamondbacks?
The 19 year old center-fielder was drafted by the Diamondbacks in the third round of the 2013 June Amateur draft out of North Florida Christian high school in Tallahassee, Florida.
Railey played in 13 games spanning 45 at bats for rookie level Missoula in the Pioneer League in 2014. He hit .267/.327/.556 (.882 OPS), with 2 home runs, seven runs batted in, while striking out seven times and walking four times.
The Diamondbacks have not officially commented on the situation. We will update this story as we learn more information.
More Diamondbacks Coverage from 120 Sports: