To say Arizona Diamondbacks All Star first basemen Paul Goldschmidt has had a historic and MVP season would be a severe understatement.
Goldschmidt is on pace for a Babe Ruth type season. After 63 games he was on pace for 44 HR’s, 131 RBI’s, 121 runs, 26 stolen bases, 239 hits, 133 walks, .359 bating average, .478 OBP, and a .659 SLG.
Those are insane numbers and if he keeps that up, he deserves to win the N.L. MVP.
More from Venom Strikes
- Happy Thanksgiving Diamondbacks Fans! We have lots to be thankful for!
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Arizona Diamondbacks fan
- Diamondbacks make some BIG 40-man roster Moves
- About time! Diamondbacks to now provide housing for Minor League players
- What is the Rule 5 Draft? How does it impact Diamondbacks?
Coming into today’s game, Goldschmidt ranks 1st in the National League with a .351 average, and he is tied for the most RBI’s in baseball with Nolan Arenado (68), and he is 10th in baseball with 10 runs.
Midway through the season, he has a great chance to win the single season triple crown which hasn’t been done since 1937 when Cardinals LF Joe Medwick accomplished that feat.
Given the pace he is on, and given the fact that his mindset and his approach at the plate never changes. He has as good of a chance as anybody to get it done.
So what do you think? Can Goldy win the single season Triple Crown? Participate in our poll and leave your thoughts in the comments section below.