Jun 1, 2015; Phoenix, AZ, USA; Arizona Diamondbacks starting pitcher Archie Bradley (25) throws in the first inning at Chase Field. Mandatory Credit: Rick Scuteri-USA TODAY Sports
Despite the Arizona Diamondbacks getting two well-pitched games from Rubby De La Rosa and Jeremy Hellickson this week, their rotation needs an upgrade. Archie Bradley was supposed to have been one of those upgrades but his 2015 season has been a forgettable one since the end of April. However, some progress, no matter how tiny is welcome news. We received some of that courtesy of a tweet from Jack Magruder at Fox Sports Arizona:
More from Venom Strikes
- Happy Thanksgiving Diamondbacks Fans! We have lots to be thankful for!
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Arizona Diamondbacks fan
- Diamondbacks make some BIG 40-man roster Moves
- About time! Diamondbacks to now provide housing for Minor League players
- What is the Rule 5 Draft? How does it impact Diamondbacks?
Not being able to throw off a mound until the beginning of August may not seem like good news. But it sure beats the Tommy John surgery we had feared might take place after Bradley’s visit with Dr. James Andrews. That not only would have stuck a fork in this season, but it very well could have wrecked his entire 2016 campaign as well. As it is, it would seem as though we may not see Bradley in a D’backs’ uniform until September.
When word comes of more definitive progress and a time table to return, be sure to check out our website for all the details.