Diamondbacks Game Notes: De La Rosa Looks For 11th Win
By Joseph Jacquez
The Arizona Diamondbacks will look to clinch their first series win against the Braves since 2007 behind Rubby De La Rosa in the rubber game at Turner Field in Atlanta.
What: Diamondbacks @ Braves
When: 10:35 A.M. MST
Where: Turner Field
TV/Radio: FSAZ/MLB.TV Free Game/Arizona Sports (98.7 F.M.)
Pitching Matchup: RHP Rubby De La Rosa vs. RHP Shelby Miller
For a preview of today’s pitching matchup click here.
News and Notes:
- The Diamondbacks are 13-7 in their last 20 games.
- This game represents yet another chance for the Snakes to get back to mount .500. If Arizona wins today they would be 57-57 heading to Pittsburgh.
- The last time the D’backs won a series at Turner Field was August 17th-19th, 2007. They have the chance to do that today.
- The D’backs own the 2nd best road batting average in the N.L. (.261) trailing only the Giants (.273).
- For all the criticism that De La Rosa has received from fans this season, he has been spectacular since the 2nd half began. In 5 starts since the All-Star Break, he is 4-0 with a 2.81 ERA in 32 innings pitched.
- De La Rosa is 1 of 4 NL pitchers with a minimum of 4 starts to start the 2nd half with a record of 4-0. Zack Greinke, Clayton Kershaw, and Jon Lester are the others. He is going for his 11th win of the season which would be the most from a D’backs starter since Josh Collmenter won 11 games last season.
- The Snakes currently have the youngest hitters in the Majors, and the 6th youngest pitching staff. At 27 years,162 days, Arizona is the 2nd youngest team in baseball.
- Nick Ahmed has been stellar defensively at short this season. His 9 defensive runs saved (DRS) is 4th in the N.L. and his 9.1 Ultimate Zone Rating (UZR) is also 4th in the N.L.
More from Venom Strikes
- Happy Thanksgiving Diamondbacks Fans! We have lots to be thankful for!
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Arizona Diamondbacks fan
- Diamondbacks make some BIG 40-man roster Moves
- About time! Diamondbacks to now provide housing for Minor League players
- What is the Rule 5 Draft? How does it impact Diamondbacks?