Arizona Diamondbacks Game Notes: Going for a Winning Road Trip
By Joseph Jacquez
The Diamondbacks go for a winning road trip when they take on the Nationals in game 2 of a 4 game series at Nationals Park in Washington D.C.
When: 4:05 P.M. MST
Where: Nationals Park
TV/Radio: FSAZ/MLB.TV/ESPN Phoenix 620 A.M.
Pitching Matchup: LHP Patrick Corbin vs. RHP Max Scherzer
For a look at the matchup click here.
More from Venom Strikes
- Happy Thanksgiving Diamondbacks Fans! We have lots to be thankful for!
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Arizona Diamondbacks fan
- Diamondbacks make some BIG 40-man roster Moves
- About time! Diamondbacks to now provide housing for Minor League players
- What is the Rule 5 Draft? How does it impact Diamondbacks?
News and Notes:
- Diamondbacks starting pitchers have a 2.85 ERA in their last 11 games. That is the fourth best mark int he Majors since July 23rd.
- The Dbacks bullpen is 4-1 with 8 saves and a 2.16 ERA in 27 games since July 1st. That ERA is the lowest by a bullpen since the beginning of July.
- David Peralta is killing it on the road. He has reached base safely in 17 of his last 18 road affairs while hitting .354 with 8 extra base hits and 12 RBI’s. His .354 average on the road since June 16 is the 7th best in the N.L.
- Brad Ziegler has converted 17 straight saves which is the fourth longest streak by a Dback all time. J.J. Putz converted 28 straight from July 27 2011-April 12th 2012.
- BEEF Wellington is hitting .313 in his last 35 games with 18 extra base hits and 19 RBI’s. He has homered in 4 of his last 6 games. Don’t take him out of the lineup and what a trade!
- Jake Lamb is also heating up. He is hitting .387 in his last 9 games and he is hitting .407 vs. righties.
- Andrew Chafin has 8 straight scoreless outings, and so does David Hernandez. Oliver Perez has 17 straight scoreless games.
- Dbacks .269 average with 2 outs is third in the majors.
- Patrick Corbin is 1-2 with a 2.00 ERA in his last 3 starts with a .169 OPP AVG with 21 K’s and 4 BB’s.
- Tonights starter and former Dbacks pitcher Max Scherzer is one of the best pitchers in baseball. His 9.05 K/BB ratio is good for 5th all time since 1900.
- Scherzer has surrendered just 19 walks which is 2nd among starters with at least 20 games.
- Watch out for Ian Desmond. He has hit safely in 11 of his past 14 games and he has a .274 career batting average against the Dbacks with 3 HR’s and 16 RBI’s.
Here are the lineups for Chip Hale‘s Dbacks and Matt Williams Nationals.