The Arizona Diamondbacks begin the 2nd leg of their 10 game road trip at PNC Park in Pittsburg against the 2nd best team in the National League: the Pirates.
What: Diamondbacks @ Pirates
When: 4:05 P.M. MST
Where: PNC Park
TV/Radio: FSAZ/MLB.TV/ESPN Phoenix (620 AM)
For a preview of today’s pitching matchup click here.
News and Notes
- The Dbacks are 13-8 in their last 21 games.
- David Peralta has reached base safely in his last 10 games hitting .500, and has 20 RBI’s in his last 18.
- Hellickson hasn’t had a lot of success on the road. His last win away from Chase Field came on May 30th against the Brewers.
- A.J. Pollock has an 8 game hitting streak on the line. (.424)
- Earlier today, the Diamondbacks activated right-handed reliever Randall Delgado from the 15-day D.L. The team also optioned OF Jamie Romak to Triple-A Reno.
- Its clear that the Dbacks need an extra bullpen arm. Arizona is in a stretch where they will play 20 games in 21 days including a double header in Colorado.
- The Dbacks are trying to become just the 2nd team in baseball history to go from having the worst record in baseball the previous year to leading the league in runs scored the next year. (From: Elias Sports Bureau)
- Paul Goldschmidt has hit .371 with 1 HR, 5 RBI’s, and a 1.060 OPS in his last 10 games against the Pirates.
- Archie Bradley threw a bullpen session on Saturday at Salt River Fields. He threw 38 pitches in 2.0 innings. He will play in a simulated game on Wednesday. He is out with right-shoulder tendinitis.
- Phil Gosselin has played in 4 rehab games with the rookie AZL Dbacks. His numbers: .286 batting average, 2 HR’s, 4 RBI’s. He will play 7 innings with Single-A Visalia. He is out with a fractured right thumb.
- Gerald Laird has played in 7 rehab games with the AZL Dbacks. His numbers: .412 batting average, 1 2B, 1 RBI. He is recovering from back surgery.
- For more on Gerrit Cole, click here.
More from Venom Strikes
- Happy Thanksgiving Diamondbacks Fans! We have lots to be thankful for!
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Arizona Diamondbacks fan
- Diamondbacks make some BIG 40-man roster Moves
- About time! Diamondbacks to now provide housing for Minor League players
- What is the Rule 5 Draft? How does it impact Diamondbacks?