The Arizona Diamondbacks will be looking to win their third straight game of the series, when they take on the struggling Cincinnati Reds for another tilt.
What: Diamondbacks @ Reds
When: 4:10 p.m. MST
Where: Great American Ballpark
TV/Radio: FSAZ/MLB.TV/ESPN Phoenix (620 AM)
For more on today’s pitching matchup, click here.
News and Notes:
- This will be Randall Delgado’s first start since September, 11 2014 against the San Francisco Giants.
- A.J. Pollock is currently the hottest hitter in baseball and has the first pair of back-to-back four-hit games, since Steve Finley in 2003.
- Get Ziggy With It: Brad Ziegler has converted 21 straight save opportunities
- If the Diamondbacks win tonight, they will match their total for road victories from last season (31).
- The Diamondbacks are 14-1 in their last 15 games when they hit a home run. If they send a few out into the night in Cincinnati, they will have a good shot at walking away with the win.
- The Diamondbacks have yet another opportunity to get back to .500.
- Diamondbacks are in a stretch where they play 21 games in 20 days, thanks to a doubleheader in Colorado coming up. They won’t have an off-day until September 3. The next couple of weeks could be a real test as the season winds down and players get fatigued.
- Speaking of A.J. Pollock, he became the first player in the majors this season with 30 doubles and 30 stolen bases.
- The streak is now at nine straight games between the Reds and Diamondbacks, with games being decided by three runs or less.
- The Reds are honoring team legend Tony Perez, by unveiling a statue of him before the game.
More from Venom Strikes
- Happy Thanksgiving Diamondbacks Fans! We have lots to be thankful for!
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Arizona Diamondbacks fan
- Diamondbacks make some BIG 40-man roster Moves
- About time! Diamondbacks to now provide housing for Minor League players
- What is the Rule 5 Draft? How does it impact Diamondbacks?