4 of 5
The Diamondbacks have plenty of Infielders this year
- Christian Walker: The powerful first baseman has had a down year thus far. He started the year on the IL with oblique issues. He just has not seemed 100% right this year. He’s not playing like he has in the past. However, I am completely positive that he will get right next year and go back to punishing Chase Field’s bleachers. Christian is a terrific fielder too. His stat line this year is .230, .288, .344 with 4 HR’s, 26 RBI’s, and 18 walks to 60 K’s.
- Asdrubal Cabrera: The utility infielder who can play any spot is the veteran infielder on the team. He’s had a 15 year career, including winning the World Series in 2019 with the Nationals. It’s surprising to see him survive the trade deadline but I’m happy with it. He’s a great mentor and still able to hit. He had a bad hamstring injury earlier this year but is back playing already. His stat-line for this season is .249, .344, .406 with 6 HR’s, 36 RBI’s, and 31 walks to 53 K’s.
- Josh Rojas: An Arizona-native, shout out to PVCC, who has served a utility role with the team this year. He’s able to play the OF and 2nd/SS. He’s had a great year so far this year for the team. He’s currently on the IL with a dislocated finger. Rojas has displayed his solid fielding and contact skills. His stat-line is .268, .356, .438 with 10 HR’s. 28 RBI’s, 7 SB’s, 44 walks, and 91 K’s.
- Josh VanMeter: VanMeter is mainly a 2B and valuable pinch hitter for the Diamondbacks. He was acquired in the Archie Bradley trade last season. He’s proven to be a capable hitter with the ability to draw a walk or get a hit in a big situation. Josh is a good fielder but it’s not what he is known for. His stat-line this year is .207, .302, .373, 3 HR’s, 20 RBI’s, 20 walks, and 49 K’s.
- Nick Ahmed: SlickNick has been with the team for many years. Originally acquired in the Justin Upton trade, yes that long, he’s been the team’s mainstay at Shortstop since 2014! He’s continued his great fielding this year. He’s one of the veterans and leaders of the team. His hitting has suffered this year for some reason or another. His stat-line this year is .218, .279, .319 with 3 HR’s, 21 RBI’s, 7 SB’s, and 24 walks to 74 K’s.